Planning for that cute and perfect cocktail party wardrobe is a good idea until you have to choose. Where do you start? You want to buy a dress based on your comfort level, but you are also looking for staple pieces that add sensuality and femininity. So, what can you wear to be cocktail party-ready? Have a look.
The formal LBD dress – The little black dress screams COCKTAIL! It’s a staple because it’s a classic. Once you choose a dress with details you like, you can effortlessly self-style it and still serve that ladylike and elegant look. You want to watch the height of your neckline and the length of your hemline. For example, a short dress with little to no cleavage is tasteful. So is a dress with cleavage with the height to the knee, just below or longer.
The festival dress – If you want to light up the room, this sequined or velvet dress goes a long way to complement your party look. It’s such an adorable fashion statement and can be rocked in any color. Favorite tones are gold, rose, and silver.
The casual dress – Lighter colors and more relaxed accessories and attire are what this dress code entails. A loose, flowy dress would be a wonderful outfit for a garden event.
Designing the dress code – If you’re shopping for cocktail dresses for ladies:
• Be sure to read the invitation properly. Cocktail parties are fun, semi formal events, and the dress code features both casual and fancy wear.
• Look for amazing textures, embellishments, and ruffles too. The more exquisite detail on the dress, the less jewelry you need.
• Choose dresses with volume. Heavy netting, heavily padded shoulders, and contrasts are bold and appealing looks for social occasions.
• Accessorize. Belts, scarfs, gloves. They have to be smartly chosen to give you the added flare you need.
• Don’t be afraid of color, and choose a garment that best enhances your skin tone.
• Cocktail parties are not a girl’s night out. So you have to be dressed chic and appropriately. Put some effort into it, wear some confidence, and have some fun.